A vacation offers you an escape from work worries, school stresses, or whatever else that usually bogs you down in the day-to-day. But when you flee your routine, you don't want to totally abandon your good fitness intentions, do you? A few of you may have answered a resounding "Yes!" to that question. For the rest of you, pack these travel tips in your carry-on.
- Check to see if your hotel has a workout room.
- If you have a bike rack, bring an extra set of wheels - rest stops sometimes connect to short trails you can explore.
- Scan local listings for yoga studios or drop-in gym deals.
- Ditch the tour bus and travel the site-seeing route on foot - wear a pedometer as you sightsee and you'll be surprised by how much exercise you've fit in between destinations.
- Take a nature hike.
- Go for a run in a new place - look around online for running maps.
- Pack easy-to-carry athletic gear, like your yoga mat, running gear, or a jump-rope.
- Don't forget about the pool - swimming is a great workout!